The 2022 Columbia Gorge Community College graduation ceremony will be held on Friday, June 17th at 3:00pm at the Amphitheater on The Dalles Campus.
Students who completed a certificate or degree, in fall 2021 or winter 2022 or will complete in spring 2022 or summer 2022, as well as GED completers from summer 2021-spring 2022 are eligible to participate.
Join us at 3 pm for a livestream of the event! Just click here to watch.
- Check in beginning at 2:00pm, but no later than 2:30pm to the appropriate building listed below, wearing your cap and gown. The cap is intended to be worn with the flat part well forward on your head and the tassel should be on the right side.
Check in: Building 5, CGCC Regional Skills Center
NOTE: Please make arrangements for family or friends to hold purses, wallets, or any other valuables you may bring with you because we do not have a secure place to store them.
- There is not a parking lot specific to the Skills Center so we recommend either having someone drop you off in front or for graduates to park in either the lower lot near building 4 or the lot in front of the Readiness Center and walk up to the Skills Center as these are the closet parking lots. Your guests should park in either of the lots adjacent to Buildings 2 and 3.
- You will be directed, when it is time to line up. You will be lined up according to the degree or certificate you are receiving and in Alphabetical Order by last name.
- We do not limit the number of guests but we do have a limited number of chairs for seating. Also, please take into consideration that event is outdoors (rain or shine) and parking is limited and guests may have to walk some distance from the parking lots to the Amphitheater.
- Guest parking available in lots adjacent to buildings 2, 3, 4, and 10 or on Scenic Drive.
- Wheelchair access is available at the parking lot adjacent to building 2.
- The ceremony begins at 3:00 p.m. sharp and will last until approximately 5:00 p.m.
To earn an associate degree or a certificate, students may graduate under the CGCC Catalog requirements existing at the time of initial enrollment as long as they successfully complete at least one CGCC credit applicable to degree requirements per academic year.
Catalog requirements are valid for six academic years. A new academic year begins with each summer term and ends the next spring term. No catalog is valid for longer than spring term following the sixth academic year after issuance of the catalog.
Students will automatically receive degrees and/or certificates upon completion of requirements for the student's declared major in the weeks following the term’s end. Multiple credentials may be institutionally awarded within a student's major.
Your diploma will be mailed to your address of record 4-5 weeks after term grades are recorded (Summer, Fall and Winter terms). Spring term diplomas are mailed during the month of July. If your address has changed, please contact student services.
Columbia Gorge Community College has received independent accreditation status. Prior to fall 2013, CGCC was accredited through Portland Community College. For degrees earned prior to Fall 2013, please go to MyPCC. Contact the Registrar's office if you have questions regarding your degree earned at CGCC prior to Fall 2013.
Graduating with Degrees other than a Declared Major
Fill out the Application for Graduation
- Submit to Student Services one term prior to your anticipated graduation term.
- File a separate application for each degree or certificate.
- Once your application has been evaluated, you will receive a response in your Student Email.
CGCC will accept transfer credits that meet established standards of acceptance.